Thursday, June 6, 2013

Barbra Streisand - One Voice


I could never imagine myself wanting to sing in public again, but then, I could never imagine with all our advanced technology the starvation of bodies and minds and the possibility of nuclear winters in our lives - I could no longer remain silent, by my silence I was giving consent to the madness of nations spending billions of dollars on weapons that can never be used - and all at the expense of our schools, our farms, medical research and research into safe sources of energy. Sometimes we forget the importance of one voice, of each of our voices, and the enormous difference it can make in all our lives - in history. I feel I must sing again to do what I can to insure a safer and better world. That's the message, please join me on September 6th, at my home, under the stars, we'll have dinner, watch the sunset, share the music and send the message. I'd really like you to come. 
Barbra (1986)

Somewhere
Evergreen (Love Theme from "A Star is Born")
Something's Coming
People
Send In The Clowns
Over The Rainbow
Guilty (Duet with Barry Gibb)
What Kind of Fool (Duet with Barry Gibb)
Papa,Can You Hear Me?
The Way We Were
It's A New World
Happy Days Are Here Again
America The Beautiful
----------------------------
e: ... fabulous concert ... a real tearjerker ...
----------------------------
Barbra Streisand 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment