Saturday, January 5, 2013

old hippie adage

"weed will get you through times with no money better than ...
 money will get you through times with no weed."

... i am trying to squeeze [a friend's] emergency into my busy schedule ... tomorrow i absolutely need to go cut firewood ... and [my friend] has frozen plumbing under his mobile home rental ... with an anxious tenant ...

i suggested to him that if he could supply me with a truck bed load of firewood (4x8x4 = 1 cord), then i could work the entire day for him on his plumbing emergency ... instead of cutting wood myself.

he told me that one cord of wood cost 3 times the daily rate he is paying me ... and yet, even i could surely cut that much wood in one day ... ( two cords is common) ...

obviously that means i need to go cut my own firewood.

and then it hits him ... his emergency is less important than cutting firewood.

did the world just turn upside down?

"firewood will get you through times with no money better than
money will get you through times with no firewood."

one cord wood = 3 X one days labor.

... for which other commodities does this old hippie adage hold true?

http://adventuresofagreenhorn.blogspot.com/2012/12/obsticles-to-survival-unlicensed.html

No comments:

Post a Comment